Join our Team
We believe in fostering a culture of collaboration, creativity, and inclusivity. Our team is made up of individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences, all working together towards a common goal of solving real-world problems and developing cutting-edge technologies and products that will benefit society. As a dynamic venture-backed company, we offer exciting opportunities for career growth and development. We are excited to invite talented individuals to join our team.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please indicate "Tendo jobs - JobTitle + YourLastName".
Please browse our current open positions below:
Research & Development
Product Development Engineer - fluid dynamics and sensor (Princeton NJ)
Job Type: Full-time
Tendo is a rapidly growing venture-backed, hardware company based in Princeton, New Jersey, transforming how fluids and gases are measured. We are commercializing innovative sensing technology based on Princeton University research that enables extremely accurate flow measurement and control at a fraction of the cost of competing technologies.
Tendo has existing partnerships with several multinational companies seeking to transform their business with game-changing sensor platforms to improve production efficiency and enable compelling consumer products. We are now working to deliver our sensors to our Partners as we scale into advanced product development and production.
Tendo is proud to have an open and collaborative atmosphere, a flexible and creative working culture, as well as a bright and forward-thinking team. Engineers who join our team will enjoy significant autonomy to drive this project forward, and establish best practices for supplier and manufacturing relationships.
We are excited to invite talented individuals to join our team. Help us leverage our unique set of tools and technology to take on the challenges of bringing creative flow solutions to market, solve real-world problems, and develop new cutting-edge technologies and products that will benefit society.
What you will be doing
- Initiate and execute productive R&D efforts
- Formulate and implement test plans, perform evaluation testing, and analyze results
- Engineer and design hardware for new product development and product enhancements
- Communicate with customers to understand their needs and obtain feedback on our products
- Write product documentation including product design specifications, project logs, test reports, instruction manuals, and design evaluations
- Develop quality assessment metrics for products
- Knowledge and background in the field of sensors and fluid mechanics
- Have strong ability, and ideally experience, to be a technical leader, to help shape the product and the future of the company
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills; attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with clarity, conciseness, and confidence; work well both on a collaborative and individual setting
- A self-starter, with a roll-up-the-sleeves mentality; desire to innovate, and work in a hands-on and fast-pace environment
- You are technically curious and tackle problems without giving up
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- B.Sc. or equivalent in Engineering field, 2+ years of experience is a plus
- Experience with sensors and sensor systems
- You are an engineering generalist, with good understandings and curiosities of both mechanical and electrical systems
- Hands-on experience with experiment design, laboratory testing, and data analysis
- Project management skills and experience, and willingness to take on some managerial responsibilities
- Relevant work experience
- Knowledge of programming language(s)
- Competitive salary + equity package
- Flexible work hours
- A great deal of independence to implement your own ideas
- Unique experience participating in the quick growth of an early stage startup company
Senior Product Development Engineer (Princeton NJ)
Job Type: Full-time, In-office
Tendo is a rapidly growing, venture-backed technology company based in Princeton, New Jersey, transforming how liquids and gases are measured and dispensed. We are commercializing innovative semiconductor-based sensing and fluid dispensing technologies based on Princeton University research that enables extremely accurate flow measurement and control for on-demand formulation dispensing applications, at a fraction of the cost of competing technologies.
Tendo is launching its first commercial products soon and is currently under contract with several multinational companies to develop solutions that will transform their business using our game-changing sensor platforms.
We are now working to deliver sensors to our customers as we scale into production. At the same time, we are developing new products to further extend our range of applications and capabilities.
About the Role
As a member of the Tendo engineering team, you will be responsible for bringing to market the latest in flow sensing technology. You will work on a small team of dedicated engineers working collaboratively to move better and faster by utilizing the latest in engineering tools and processes. Our collaborative efforts extend to working and communicating effectively with those outside engineering including the rest of the Tendo team; contractors and vendors domestic and foreign; and a diverse array of clients, investors, and advisors.
Tendo is proud to have an open and collaborative atmosphere, a flexible and creative working culture, as well as a bright and forward-thinking team. Engineers who join our team will enjoy significant autonomy in a modern and technically focused company.
As a Senior Product Development Engineer, you will help Tendo build and develop current products with several existing corporate customers as well as designing and developing new concepts and prototypes. You will also support Tendo's research, manufacturing, and quality operations by designing and producing jigs, fixtures, and internal tools. One of your biggest responsibilities will be relentlessly driving product development projects forward.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Product Design, or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of professional experience with mechanical engineering and/or product design or equivalent post graduate academic experience
- Significant experience with 3D CAD tools such as SolidWorks, Inventor, or Fusion 360
- Experience with complex mechanical design of plastic or metal components, PCBs, electronics, or fluidics used in commercial products
- Experience building things or doing science by hand in a lab, machine shop, prototype shop or similar
- Experience with at least one advanced mechanical engineering design topic including:
- sensors and sensor systems, microchip integration and packaging, machine design, robotics, automation, or FEA simulation
- Ability to communicate clearly to non-experts such as clients or contractors
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Product Design
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python
- Having led a commercial product through a product development cycle to market release and beyond
- Ability to independently lead an engineering project
- Experience with 3D CAD surfacing and design for injection molding
- Complex part and assembly design and development including: concept development, CAD design, analysis, technical drawing, vendor selection and communication, and full engineering responsibility for a project up to and beyond product release
- Sensor research and development including: experiment design and setup, and data collection and analysis
- Build prototypes, test setups, and jigs and fixtures using hand and power tools, 3D printers, lab equipment, and electronic instrumentation in person in our lab space
- Clearly communicate engineering results in both in person and virtual team meetings and regular customer updates including occasional travel
No open positions
We have no open business development positions at this time.